... of strawberries.
Surprisingly, it didn't take the Big Dude much convincing before he realized that we really needed a vertical garden made from reclaimed pallets.
So we visited his workshop and salvaged some from the scrap heap, making sure that they were marked HT for heat treated... not CT for chemically treated.
We dug up the old strawberry patch and placed our pallets along the wall.
We cut some sheets of leftover black corrugated plastic from The Big Dudes workplace and inserted them into the pallets.
We poured in some potting mix.
We cut some holes and popped in our strawberries and flowers.
Then Big Dude made up some support props
(and a grape vine trellis while he was at it).
And now our strawberry patch has a new life.
And our shed wall looks fantastic.
Now here's hoping our grape vine cuttings from last year are alive and start to grow soon!