Friday, November 5, 2010

A bucket of beans (part 2)

A container of beans sat before me.

Some were large,
some were small.
Most needed to be skinned.
So...



I put them in a pot.
I blanched them.


 A colander of beans sat before me.
I contemplated.
I ignored.
Finally...
I rolled my eyes and pushed up my sleeves.
Then I pinched...
and I squeezed,
every last bean!

Some got frozen,
some got eaten.
Most got processed to a paste.
A spiced, chickpea paste.
They became...
Felafel's.



Broad bean and Chickpea Felafel's

Process 4 cups of soaked chickpeas
2 cups of fresh broad beans
1 onion and as many cloves of garlic as you like,

with 1 teaspoon each of coriander, cumin and cayenne powder and
1 cup each of fresh parsley and coriander.

Add a bit of mint if you like and the rind of a lemon.

Sir through 3 teaspoons of plain flour with 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda and season to taste.

Roll into walnut sized balls and refrigerate for 15mins.
Shallow fry or cook on the BBQ.
Wrap in some flat bread with sliced tomatoes, cucumber and lettuce and a good dollop of yoghurt tahini or minted yoghurt.

And the best part...
They ate it all.


Enjoy!

1 comment:

Des said...

Yum! I love broadbeans, but I usually just eat them straight after boiling. Recipe looks fantastic.

About This Blog


About This Blog

Visit InfoServe for backgrounds.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP